Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sarah Kelly releasing "Born to Worship"

Multi-GRAMMY-nominated recording artist and worship leader Sarah Kelly is poised for an April 1st release of her third album Born To Worship (Gotee/EMI CMG). Born to Worship features 10 songs of what Kelly is calling “edgy, passionate worship” and chronicles her own personal survival story from self-hate and abuse.

“This album is a returning to my roots,” says Kelly. “As a child, way before I started dealing with self hate and ultimately falling into a series of abusive relationships, I wrote passionate, abandoned worship songs. Now I am freshly on the other side of those deadly addictions and have much to worship and praise about. My life has come full circle back to my first love as if I was truly born to worship. And now, because of my life experiences, there is a new depth, joy, and a revelation of the meaning of ‘grace’.”

Producer credits on Born To Worship go to Mitch Dane (Jars Of Clay, Bebo Norman) with Vance Powell (Martina McBride, Jars Of Clay) coming alongside as mix engineer. Daniel Huscroft also co-produced with Dane on the songs “Faithful Father” and “Amazing Grace”. Along with the title song, the album’s track listing includes the first radio single “Brand New Day”, as well as “You Overwhelm Me,” “Glorious King,” “Not Quite Home Yet,” “Faithful Father,” “Everything To Me,” “Beautiful God,” “Sit With You Awhile,” and a remake of the classic hymn “Amazing Grace.”

No comments: