Thursday, February 12, 2009

Phillip Larue solo debut coming April 7

Anxiously ready to release his solo debut, Phillip LaRue and BEC Recordings announces the April 7, 2009 street date for the freewheeling spirited album "Let the Road Pave Itself." This release is a masterpiece in the making as Phillip LaRue finished recording the organic collection of original songs this past fall in Nashville, TN. He will also head out on the road later this month to begin connecting with listeners. These dates will give fans a taste of this artist's authentic expression and passion (dates / markets listed below).

"I put in my CD the other day to take a quick listen since it has been a while since we finished it and I have to say that I am proud of what Paul Moak (producer) and I did," shares Phillip LaRue of his debut. "These songs are all close to my heart. There is not one that I don't feel deep within when I sing them. So I am excited to hear what folks think about it when it releases. I think the title "Let the Road Pave Itself" is perfect for where I am right now as a musician and personally. I just feel so blessed that I was able to make this and partner with companies that believed in what I have to offer. 09' will be fun to watch."

As an artist that is not new to the industry or the Nashville music scene, Phillip LaRue has filled the role of producer (Krystal Meyers, Tenth Avenue North) and songwriter (Brandon Heath, Tenth Avenue North) since his duo LaRue (with his sister Natalie) called it quits in 2003.

"I'm stepping back into this world, and I could care less about some of the details," he shares. "As far as being popular, I've kind of tasted and seen that. I still want great things to happen, but more importantly I just want to be me in the process. I still believe in the power of music and want people to find hope through this record. If I can throw a rock and make another ripple, then what a blessing."

Being himself and playing for a cause, Phillip will perform on February 17th for the Home Foundation Benefit in his residence city of Nashville, TN. This concert will be held at the historic Belcourt Theater in Hillsboro Village featuring HOME founder Natalie Grant, Brandon Heath and Tenth Avenue North. All proceeds will benefit the HOMES project to support shelters for domestic victims of sexual trafficking. Ticket information / times below.

About "Let the Road Pave Itself" and Phillip LaRue:
An organic set of songs for the digital age, it was tracked live in the studio to an old fashioned two-inch tape reel, warmly capturing the sound of Phillip and his friends playing real time rock that's only ever concerned with life's deepest matters of love and faith. Recorded in this manner, Phillip kept many of the first takes without fixing to keep the album as natural as possible. One such example is the debut radio single and opening track, "Chasing the Daylight," a stirring mid-tempo rocker that has seen dark times but still declares I want to chase the daylight like it's the last day of my life.

For more information on Phillip LaRue and this upcoming debut, check out his MySpace and EPK at: www.myspace.com/philliplarue. In addition to the EPK, you can check out the upcoming radio single and opening track " Chasing the Daylight" on his MySpace page.

Details for February 17th Nashville Show:
Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Doors @ 6:30pm
 Show @ 7 pm


Advance Tickets: $20 general;

$10 student on sale online or at the box office after 4 pm


Day of Tickets: $25 general; $12.50 student



The Home Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to the eradication of human trafficking specifically sexual slavery. The HOMES project, an initiation of the foundation, will help raise awareness and funding to support the efforts of shelters across the U.S. dedicated to the restoration of those victims identified in the United States. For more information on the work of The Home Foundation you can visit www.thehomefoundation.net.

Upcoming Concerts: (with Bebo Norman)
2-25-09 Presque Isle, Maine
2-26-09 Frederction, New Brunswick Canada
2-27-09 Portland, Maine
2-28-09 Lewiston, Maine
3-01-09 Manchester, New Hampshire

No comments: